Monday, January 13, 2014

Calories, Girl Scout Cookies, and the Dirty Thirty

We have this sign outside our front door:




It has earned quite a few giggles since we've put it out, and I can happily say it has stopped the door-to-door salesman who frequent our neighborhood. Seriously, I won't answer my door and the only outcome is poor Harley gets riled up. I have been a little giddy lately, as Girl Scout Cookie season has begun, and I am quite amused with myself that my amazing sign references Thin Mints specifically. As I am writing this post, we are 4 boxes of cookies richer, none of which are full. Let's be honest, it's slightly un-American to not open a box of Tagalongs immediately upon acquisition. Can I get an 'Amen'? 

So, an obnoxious amount of cookies and delightful calories later, I found myself falling in love with my treadmill all over again. Me and T have a rocky, complicated relationship. But she is a great friend when I need a boost of endorphins and a few less calories. Don't be fooled or impressed, I am not a runner. I've tried, really hard to be. The soreness alone is killer for me, so I stick to walking. T is a great walking companion and offers some challenges when I'm feeling ambitious. My favorite music to move to is a 'Dance Cardio' station on Pandora, although I have spent some time giving the thumbs down to some songs that don't quite sync with my values. 

Did you notice the 'MyFitnessPal' ticker at the top of my page? This app is, in my "professional" opinion, the best for tracking your weight loss goals and calories. And by "professional", I mean I've tried a lot of apps. A. LOT. Counting calories gets old - it's time consuming and can really be a big, fat reality check. [pun intended] For me, the really challenging part of it was using that reality check to springboard into better choices and not give up. It's easier said than done, trust me. I'm willing to bet if you have tried these types of apps, you have fibbed a time or two just to make your goal. I mean, I never did. that much. BUT the truth is you need to count calories to lose a significant amount of weight. Period. So, I'm sucking it up....so I don't have to suck it in. You are so welcome for that amazing word play.

My Plan to Lose the Dirty-30
  1. Daily Calorie Goal: 1500
  2. Exercise Goal: 5 times/ week
I will keep inquiring minds updated on my progress, challenges, and changes in my plan. You will also be blessed with recipes and fun fitness ideas. My Pinterest includes great stuff as well, go ahead and follow me! My goal is to lose the dirty-30 [lbs] in time for shorts and swimsuits...and get away with as many thin mints as possible. 

Grace and Blessings,
k

No comments:

Post a Comment